Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Leap of Faith

I believe... taking a leap of faith is frightening.  It's risky.  It's diving into the unknown.  You drown yourself in "what if's?"  Faith is defined as a strong belief or trust in something or someone.  Leap or not to leap- that is the question.

Jump and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall.










Recently I took a huge leap of faith.  I am trying to grow a business and fulfill a dream.  Be Bad Hip Hop is my own dance fitness format that I created out of a passion for dance and several "you should's" from students and dear friends.  After three and a half years of momentum at a turtle's pace, and long discussions with my supportive husband, I decided its time.  Leap!  So, this past Saturday I signed a contract to launch a national marketing campaign.  The investment is huge monetarily and I'm scared to death.  What if is doesn't work?  What if no body likes it?  What if I go broke and don't see a return on investment?  What if?  What if? What if?

We will be faced with many difficult decisions in life that calls for a leap of faith.  Some decisions are big and some are small. Take a new job offer. Divorce.  Move. Going on a blind date. I believe... it all comes down to trusting yourself.  You have to trust yourself that you will be ok no matter what the end results are.  You may be devastated. You may be ecstatic.  But will you be ok?

I know in my head and heart the answer is yes for me.  It's always yes.  I'm surrounded by a loving, supportive family and friends and my faith in God assures me I will be ok.

Have you been struggling with a difficult decision?  Leap or not to leap- ask yourself "will I be ok?"

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post and FANTASTIC news! 2014 is the year, it's time for us all to take a leap, take a risk. What if, what if... doesn't move us forward, and only keeps us in the holding pattern. Who knows if our desire will work out the way we planned, maybe so, maybe not. Mistakes are bound to happen along the way, yet then again... so is SUCCESS. Thank you for this post and for encouraging us all to take a leap. Let's see where it leads us. - Success is the only option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenni! Supporting friends like you help me KNOW I'll be ok!

      Delete